Are you in the market for a heated cat bed that can keep your feline friend comfortable and well protected from the cold? Stick around as we’re about to reveal our top picks for the best heated cat beds on the market today.
Best Heated Cat Beds & Houses
There’s a wide range of cat beds available for purchase, which can be quite overwhelming if you don’t know exactly what to look for. We’ve done the research on your behalf and here are the 13 best heated cat beds today.
K&H Pet Products is one of the most prominent manufacturers when it comes to putting out ped beds and it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed is at the apex of our list. This indoor kitty bed features a 7-watt internal heating element that helps keep your kitty feeling warm throughout the coldest of weather conditions and without feeling overheated.
In terms of comfort, this pet bed is surrounded by overstuffed bolster that offers your cat a great sense of security and snugness. Moreover, it features an orthopedic base made of foam to offer ideal comfort and support for your kitty. As far as safety, the bed is MET-approved, so you don’t need to trouble yourself with any safety concerns.
The MET-listed heater can easily be removed, allowing you to machine-wash the bed with zero safety concerns. Please note that the Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Bed is available in two different sizes. The first features an 18-inch diameter and a 4-watt heating element, while the second has a 7-watt heating element and measures at 16×22 inches, so choose wisely.
- This product is MET-listed for safety, ensuring the health and safety of your feline
- It’s available in a small 18-inch round model and a larger 16×22-inch oval version
- Features a soft foam base that helps provide ideal comfort, security, and support
- The best is thermostatically-controlled, so it starts heating up when your cat is in it
- Both models boast low energy consumption and can plug into any household outlet
- It’s good as far as offering warmth, but we would’ve loved to see additional padding
- This bed isn’t spacious enough to accommodate bigger cats, even the larger model
The deluxe model of the K&H Pet Products Thermo-Kitty Cat Bed is pretty much a combination of the Thermo-Kitty Bed and a zip-off hood. The addition of the hood helps your cat feel secure and warm. Further, you can easily remove the hood if you wish to clean it individually. This bed features an integrated heater that consumes only 4 watts, which is highly efficient.
The bed features a poly-filled pillow that helps your feline feel like it’s sleeping on a cloud. Also, the bed is surrounded by soft foam walls for added security and warmth. The bed is MET-listed for safety like the majority of the products from K&H Pet Products, meaning that you can sleep soundly knowing that your feline pet is safe and warm.
The Thermo-Kitty Heated Deluxe bed is available in two different sizes: small (16 inches) and larger (20 inches). When not in use, the thermostatically-controlled heater keeps the surface of the bed at a temperature of 10-15 degrees above ambient temperature. When in use, however, it warms to the body temperature of your feline to keep warm without overheating.
- The added zip-off hood helps protect your feline from sudden gusts of cold air
- The hood can easily be removed so that you can machine-wash it individually
- It’s surrounded by soft foam walls that help increase warmth and add security
- The heating element has a very low wattage consumption rate of only 4 watts
- Lightweight cats won’t benefit much from the heat as the bed is heavily padded
- The design of the zipper is poor as it’s opened with the slightest touch or pull
This is the original Thermo-Kitty Heated Cat Bed by K&H Pet Products. It doesn’t come with the zip-off hood, so it doesn’t really provide protection against sudden gusts of wind and airflow. The bed is also available in two different sizes: small (16 inches) and large (18 inches). It’s tested by MET labs and certified to exceed the electrical safety standards.
One of the things that make the Thermo-Kitty Bed one of the most popular cat beds today is that it’s extremely easy to clean. All you need to do is find the zipper and undo it in order to take out the heating element, then unzip the one at the bottom to remove the foam walls. Now, all you’re left with is the cover which you can simply put in the washing machine for a gentle-cycle wash.
Like the rest of the Thermo-Kitty models, this bed incorporates a thermostatically-controlled unit that adjusts the temperature of the bed to accommodate the body temperature of your pet. Also, the heater is energy efficient as it consumes only 4 watts. And lastly, this product is backed by a sweet 1-year warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Features an energy-efficient heater that won’t put a serious dent in your wallet
- The bed is very well-padded to provide the comfort and warmth your cat needs
- Both the heating element and the foam walls can be removed for easy cleaning
- The product is tested and approved by MET labs for exceeding safety standards
- Even the large 18-inch model of this bed is too small to accommodate large cats
- The heating element is small, so the heat isn’t dispersed evenly across the bed
Are you looking for an outdoor heated cat house commodious enough to accommodate a lot of cats at the same time? Well, it doesn’t get better than the A-Frame Multi-Kitty Heated House. It features a pretty rugged construction that can handle some serious knocks because you know how playful cats could be. The house is ideal for use in porches, patios, garages, or sheds.
This is one of the very few cat houses that features a heated bed inside that can accommodate up to 4 cats at the same time without liming their comfort. The fabric from which the exterior of the house is covered is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about your kitties getting wet. It’s also equipped with hook and loop fasteners that make it easy to assemble with no tools at all.
The heating element inside the bed is MET-listed for safety and it requires 40 watts to operate. With 40 watts worth of heat, you’re guaranteed that your felines remain warm even during the coldest of days. The house has 2 exists with door flaps to help protect your kitties from harsh conditions. Lastly, the product comes with a limited 1-year warranty for your convenience
- Has a rugged construction that can hold its own against harsh weather conditions
- The house and heated bed are commodious enough to accommodate up to 4 cats
- The assembly is easy and requires no tools as it features hook and loop fasteners
- The house features 2 exists with removable see-through door flaps for protection
- The house is too lightweight that strong wind can blow it away without cats inside
- Its ability to accommodate 4 cats may not be all that applicable for larger felines
This is yet another remarkable outdoor kitty house by K&H Pet Products that’s available in both heated and unheated versions. Similar to the Multi-Kitty Outdoor Heated House, we recommend placing this shelter in a garage, patio, porch, or anywhere that offers it protection from elemental danger such as strong wind, as it weighs less than 3 pounds.
In terms of durability, this heated outdoor house is one of the most durable on our list, as it has a 600D Nylon construction that’s backed by vinyl to make it waterproof. Regardless, you should keep this house well-protected from harsh weather conditions so that it can provide that same protection for outdoor kitties by keeping them safe, warm, and dry.
The heated version of this kitty house features a Lectro-Soft heated bed that provides adequate warmth for your cats. In addition, the house features 2 exists with removable door flaps to keep them secure from wind, dust, snow, and such. As far as the assembly process, the inclusion of hook and loop fasteners makes it simple and straightforward.
- One of the most effective cat houses when it comes to providing adequate warmth
- It features a high-quality Nylon construction reinforced with vinyl for water resistance
- There are 2 exits that are covered by removable clear door flaps for extra security
- The assembly process is easy thanks to the zippered roof and hook and loop fasteners
- It’s not ideal for people who live in areas known for strong wind as it’s very lightweight
- The heater’s cord is a bit short, which is highly inconvenient if there’s no nearby outlet
The Leopard Kitty Sleephouse from K&H Pet Products is basically a 2-in-1 product. If you take a look at it, you’ll see that it’s technically a house with an interior and all, but at the top, you’ll see a pad where your cat can sit on and chill while observing as you fetch it a nice meal. Keep in mind that this is an indoor cat house and it’s not well-suited for the harsh conditions of the outdoors.
The great thing about this cat house is that it’s pretty stylish. In fact, visitors may not perceive it as a pet house at first glance. The leopard print grants it an aesthetically pleasing look that can integrate perfectly with the interior of your house. Also, it has a lightweight, micro suede and soft fleece construction that you can move around the house with ease.
Moreover, the walls of this cat house are made of hard plastic, which grants it great durability. It features a thermostatically-controlled heater that uses only 4 watts to operate and it only warms to the normal body temperature of your feline. Further, the product is MET-listed for safety and it comes with a 1-year limited warranty for your convenience.
- An extremely durable cat house, thanks to its micro suede and soft fleece construction
- The walls are made of hard plastic, so there’s no way gusts of cold air can get inside
- The product houses a thermostatically-controlled heating element that’s energy-efficient
- It features a 2-in-1 design that allows your feline friends to sleep inside or rest at the top
- It’s smaller than it looks, so don’t have high expectations in terms of accommodation
- Sadly, it doesn’t provide as much warmth as the rest of the K&H Pet Products lineup
Interested to add some cat-themed decorations to your home? Check out those cat figurines that you’ll definitely love!
If you only have a single feline friend and you don’t care much about size, the Mod Dream Pod Pet Bed is the perfect product for you. This bed features a rugged EVA-based exterior with an extremely durable 600D polyester fabric covering its surface. Further, it features a super-comfy, washable, poly-filled pillow inside that provides ideal comfort.
The Mod Dream Pod features a MET-listed heating element that runs on 4 watts of electricity. In addition, the heater can be easily removed so that you can use the bed all year round. We’re also quite fond of the level of privacy that this pet bed can provide, which is something that your kitty will surely appreciate from time to time. The large opening allows for easy access and exit.
There’s one thing we need to note about the majority of heated beds from K&H Pet Products, which is that they don’t usually feel warm unless your pet is sitting on them. To make sure that the product you’ve purchased is working properly, you can place a pillow on top of it and come back after 15-20 minutes to feel the warmth of the pillow.
- This is arguably the most durable pet bed on our list thanks to its EVA-based exterior
- The heated model features an energy-efficient, MET-listed heater that uses only 4 watts
- The design of the Mod Dream Pod allows for great privacy that cats need occasionally
- The plush lycra interior and the overall bowl design provide an ideal level of comfort
- While the construction is remarkably durable, it has a strong off-gassing chemical smell
- The design is smaller than it seems, so it’s not spacious enough for more than 2 felines
The Collapsible Indoor/Outdoor Cat House from Extreme Consumer Products is among the best cat houses on the market. Whether you use it indoors or outdoors, it will offer the protection and warmth that your felines need. It’s not just great for kitties, if you have a smaller dog, it can be a pretty nice shelter for your little canine.
This cat house is fitted with an electric heated cat bed that runs on 20 watts of electricity to keep your pet at its normal body temperature. You can use this bed all year round by unplugging the power cord when it’s not cold so that your cat can enjoy the comfort it provides. Alternatively, it can be completely removed to allow for more space inside the cat house.
Assembling and disassembling this cat house is extremely easy thanks to its collapsible design. All you need to do is attach the roof panels to the sides of the main panel, raise both the front and back panels, fasten everything using the hook and loop fasteners, and then insert the cat bed and plug it into the nearest power outlet.
- One of the most aesthetically pleasing heated cat houses that you can buy today
- The heating element within the bed keeps your cat at its natural body temperature
- The assembly process is pretty straightforward and can be completed in 4 steps
- The cat house can be easily cleaned using just warm water and non-abrasive soap
- While it’s advertised as an indoor/outdoor house, it’s not well-suited for the outdoors
- The quality of the heating element feels poor and it’s not really certified by MET labs
This spacious cat bed cave can accommodate cats of all sizes, from small kittens to larger cats. The bed features a durable construction that will last you for years. Further, it’s eco-friendly and safe for your pet and everyone else as it’s free of synthetic and harsh chemicals. It’s the perfect place for your cat to relax, rest, nap, or fall asleep.
This cat bed cave is made out of natural wool, so you can let go of any concerns with regards to bad smell or harmful chemicals. The overall design doesn’t only provide comfort and warmth, but it also does a great job of giving your feline friend some privacy when it needs it. You’ll also love the fact that the wood used in its construction has a natural ability to repel odors and dirt.
The bed cave doesn’t feature a heating element because it can offer adequate warmth by itself. In addition, it’ll keep your feline cool during the summer. Not only is this bed cave great for cats, but it’s also suitable for small dogs that weigh less than 20 pounds. Lastly, the fact that it doesn’t have any electrical device restricted by a power cord allows you to put it anywhere in the house.
- Doesn’t feature a heating element so you don’t have to worry about electrical hazards
- The Merino wool construction is eco-friendly as it doesn’t use any harmful chemicals
- Merino wool has a natural ability to repel dirt and odors, so it’ll be super easy to clean
- Can accommodate both cats and dogs that are small and weigh less than 20 pounds
- The fact that it lacks a heating element can be perceived as a positive or a negative
- It isn’t very long until the Merino wool construction fails to remain open and standing
If you’re a proud owner of multiple felines or just someone who’s looking to provide shelter for outdoor cats in your neighborhood, the Extra-Wide Outdoor Kitty House from K&H Pet Products is definitely your best bet as it’s one of the largest cat houses on the market today. It’s great for small cats and larger cats alike. It’s also ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
This cat house features a 600D Nylon construction with a vinyl backing that helps grant its great strength and a waterproof nature so that it can protect refugee felines from rain, snow, and the cold winds of winter. It also features 2 exists so that the hordes of cats inside can get out with ease. The exits also feature removable see-through door flaps for added protection.
Despite its large size, the Extra-Wide Outdoor Kitty House is one of the easiest cat houses to assemble, thanks to the inclusion of hook and loop fasteners. It shouldn’t take you more than a few minutes to assemble this cat house if you follow the provided directions. The house comes with a heater that heats a portion of the floor so that felines can get warmth when they need it.
- This cat house is large enough to accommodate cats of all sizes and smaller dogs
- It features a durable Nylon construction with a layer of vinyl to make it water-resistant
- The house has 2 exits that are covered by removable door flats for extra protection
- The heating element heats a portion of the floor, allowing for both warmth and coolness
- The floor is made of a thin fabric that can soak up water if it comes into contact with it
- The heating element may not be able to offer enough heat if you live in a snowy area
Excessive cat hair can often become troublesome and irritating, especially if you’re allergic. Check out this list of the best cordless vacuums for pet hair on the market now.
The final product in this category is by far one of the best-looking cat pods on the market. The design is pretty innovative, as there’s a window on top of the pod that allows you to monitor your cat while it’s sleeping to ensure its safety without disturbing its sleep. Also, your car won’t feel isolated inside because it will be able to look out through the window while enjoying the warmth.
The pod includes a heating element that only uses 4 watts of electricity, which is enough to offer the warmth that your cat needs during mild winters. However, if you live in an area that’s known for its extremely cold weather, the heater’s capabilities may not suffice and you should go for a model that provides more heat, which correlates with higher wattage consumption.
This cat pod is pretty easy to clean because it features a machine-washable cushion. In addition, the heating element can also be removed for ease of cleaning and for year-round use. The pod is tested and certified by MET labs, so you know that it’s electrically safe. And lastly, it’s backed by a 1-year warranty, proving how confident the manufacturer is in the product.
- Features an innovative design that allows you to monitor your cat without disturbing it
- The pod features machine-washable cushion and a removable heater for easy cleaning
- The construction of this cat pod is remarkably rugged and won’t quit on you over time
- It has a low wattage consumption of 4 watts, so it won’t put a serious dent in your wallet
- Due to its wattage consumption, it doesn’t produce enough heat for harshly cold climates
- This cat pod is smaller than it looks, so you won’t be able to fit more than 2 felines inside
Best Heated Mats & Pads for Cats
If you live in an area where winter isn’t so harsh, you may not need a cat house or pod after all. All you really need is a heated mat/pad to keep your feline friend warm and happy.
The Thermo-Kitty Heated Pet Mat is one of the most popular and most affordable options on the market today. It features a 6-watt heating element that provides the heat that your cat needs in a mildly-cold winter. The heating element is controlled thermostatically, so it won’t heat up the mat unless your feline is resting on it because it’s touch-sensitive.
This heated mat comes in a standard size of 12.5 x 25 inches, which is commodious enough to accommodate cats of all sizes. You can also use it to keep smaller dogs warm. The mat boasts a soft foam design that, when coupled with the heat, provides a fairly comfortable surface to rest on. The mat is very lightweight and you can move it around the house with ease.
Of course, the product is MET-listed for safety, so your cat will always be safe while resting on it. In addition, the mat features removable machine-washable covers for ease of cleaning. Keep in mind that the mat will remain at 12-15 degrees when not used, so don’t be alarmed if you touch it and find that it’s not very warm. Like we’ve mentioned it responds to temperature changes.
- One of the most affordable yet highly effective heated pet mats on the market today
- The size of the mat is large enough to accommodate all cats as well as smaller dogs
- The heating unit doesn’t use up a lot of watts but still provides a great deal of warmth
- The mat is compact and lightweight enough that you can move it and place it anywhere
- We would’ve loved to see more padding in the mat as it doesn’t provide much comfort
- The heating element is half the width of the cover, so the heat isn’t dispersed evenly
While the previously-reviewed kitty pad is only appropriate for indoor use, K&H Manufacturing has made sure that outdoor kitties can also get their fair share of warmth. This outdoor mat is covered by free fleece, which grants it a soft surface that cats will find comfortable to relax on. Further, the overall construction is made with ABS plastic, which is known for its great durability.
Just like the majority of K&H products, the Outdoor Heated Kitty Pad features a heating element that’s controlled thermostatically and responds to the temperature of your feline automatically. It uses 40 watts worth of electricity, which means that it could produce a great deal of heat that an outdoor cat will find extremely useful in colder weather conditions.
Obviously, you don’t want to keep this pad out in the open. You want to make sure that it’s very well-protected so that it doesn’t get damaged. You can put in a garage, barn, or just about any sheltered area where outdoor cats tend to hang out. This product is tested and certified by MET labs for exceeding safety standards and it comes with a sweet 1-year warranty.
- With a 40-watt consumption rate, this outdoor kitty pad can produce a great deal of heat
- This cat pad is MET-certified for safety, so you don’t need to have any safety concerns
- The pad is capacious enough to accommodate cats of all sizes as well as smaller dogs
- The free-fleece feels soft and comfortable while the ABS plastic build is highly durable
- While extremely effective, it still doesn’t justify how a pad can cost that much money
- Due to the solid plastic construction, this outdoor kitty pad isn’t as flexible as it looks
How to Select the Right Heated Cat Bed
Before heading out to purchase a heated bed for your feline buddy, there are a few factors that you should take into consideration in order to ensure the most value for your money.
Indoor or Outdoor
The very first decision you need to make is to figure out whether you want an indoor or an outdoor cat bed. Indoor cat beds are pretty easy to deal with for the most part, but outdoor models need proper protection so that they don’t get blown away by strong wind or rendered useless by other harsh weather conditions. So you need to figure out the right place to put your outdoor cat bed.
Another thing you need to take into consideration when it comes to outdoor cat beds is that they have power cords connected to the heating element inside, meaning that you need to place it as close to a power source as possible. If there aren’t any electrical outlets or other power sources where you want to place the pad, then you need to make sure that it features a lengthy cord.
Bed or Mat
When it comes to the choice between beds and mats, it’s really a matter of personal preference. However, a cat bed that’s high-sided will offer better heat-retraining abilities than a pad. Further, most cat beds tend to be more comfortable pads. Nevertheless, both are very effective as far as providing warmth, so it really boils down to whether you have a draughty area or not.
It’s extremely important to find a heated bed/pad that’s capacious enough to accommodate your cat’s size, especially if you have a large/fat cat. But you need to keep in mind that the larger it is, the more space it requires. You need to measure the area where you’re planning to put the bed before you actually go out and buy it. And don’t forget that you need a power outlet nearby.
When shopping for a heated bed, you need to make sure that the product you buy can easily be washed because cats are likely to vomit or pee on it. To do so, look for cat beds with removable covers that can be machine washed. Also, make sure that the heating element inside the pad is removable as well.
When it comes to comfort, you want to look for cat beds that are covered with a layer of foam or even fleece and you’re good. However, if your feline friend just went through surgery, you’ll need a more comfortable bed with proper padding. We highly advise going with cat beds that feature memory foam because they adjust to the shape of your cat’s body and provide great comfort.
While most felines are covered in fur and seem like they don’t really need help when it comes to feeling warm in the winter, some of them are actually affected by that cold and would appreciate a nice warm bed where they can nap or sleep comfortably. Hopefully, you’ve found a heated cat bed that suits your needs and budget based on the information we’ve provided today.